The Inferno: A Reader's Theater Script-Story Collection + Excerpt Worksheets (Digital Download)
Teach the heck out of Inferno! Dante’s epic journey through Hell is filled with horrifying and fascinating sights. Although the Inferno is the perfect text to nab your students’ interest, it still proves to be a difficult and daunting read for many students. Use this Reader’s Theater script-story adaptation of the Inferno to bring the afterlife to life! Teach the scripts on their own (they cover the full Inferno) or use them in conjunction with the original text to build interest and increase comprehension. The classic poem is broken into five script-stories, each with its own 2-page teacher guide for teaching important terms and relevant background. With this 96-page download you can print the materials directly from your computer!
Check out our sample pages to see if these scripts will work in your classroom! Click here to see a sample of the product!
This download includes all the following materials:
- Five script-stories (approximately 30-50 minutes each) that dramatize the full text of Dante’s Inferno
- Three worksheets that feature reading passages from Dante’s poetry
- “Dante’s Love for Beatrice” from La Vita Nuova
- “Francesca and Paolo” from Inferno
- “Count Ugolino’s Lament” from Inferno
- Student reading guides (complete with keys) for each of the five scripts
- Teacher guides for each of the five scripts with relevant background information, story summary, essential questions, connections, teachable terms, discussion questions, and recall questions