Distance Learning Resources
Dealing with distance learning this year? Here is a list of many of the free materials available on this site!
Free online learning resources are available on this website and our other website, Mythologyteacher.com
- Life in Ancient Greece Webquest This webquest takes readers through various facets of everyday life in one of the world's most influential cultures
- Ancient Greek Fates This activity might be subtitled "30 ways to die in ancient Greece," but these fates show how ancient life was different for the ancient Greeks.
- Learn about Ancient Greek Theater A simple worksheet about the birth of drama.
- Learn about the Greek Gods This gallery gives pictures and information about the Greek gods.
- Learn about the Lesser Gods and Creatures of Ancient Greece This presentation teaches about other gods and mythological creatures
- Famous Greeks A worksheet about Socrates, Hippocrates, etc.
- Theseus: A Choose Your Own Adventure Myth Face down the Minotaur using this choose-your-own-adventure style website.
- Read an Ancient Greek Myth in Script-Story Form This script dramatizes the myth of "Hades and Persephone"
- Famous Love stories from Ancient Greece
- Life in Ancient Rome Webquest This webquest takes readers through ancient Rome
- Teach Yourself a Bit of Old English Learn the origins of the English language
- Write an Anglo-Saxon Riddle Have a riddle contest Hobbit-style!
- Free Hero Bookmarks for Coloring! Color these bookmarks featuring original artwork.
- There are many other materials available on our site! Use the header menu to find your area of interest.
Script-stories are a great way for a small group to learn a particular story by acting out. Below are a list of free script-stories available on this site.
- An Egyptian creation story
- The Making of Enkidu from Gilgamesh
- The Arrival of Beowulf
- “The Pardoner’s Tale” from the Canterbury Tales
- A Dramatization of the Pilgrims’ Journey to the New World and the First Thanksgiving
- The Myth of Hades and Persephone
- A Native American myth about Niagara Falls
- The Scarlet Letter Part I
- The Last of the Mohicans: Part I
- "Feathertop" (A Short Fable by Nathaniel Hawthorne)
- Huckleberry Finn: Part I
- The Narrative of Frederick Douglass: Part I
Khan Academy is a great online resource, and one my favorite teaching toolboxes from the site is Imagineering in a Box. In case you don't know, Imagineers are the creative force behind Disney theme parks. The video based lessons go through the process of designing a particular theme park land and ride--detailing the various elements that go into such an effort: music, artwork, engineering. It's a great cross-curricular project, and the videos are excellent! The full link is here: https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/hass-storytelling/imagineering-in-a-box
Khan Academy also has a course called Pixar in a Box. I have not tried it personally, but it focuses on Pixar's unique storytelling approach. The link is here: https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/hass-storytelling/storytelling-pixar-in-a-box