Searching for America, Volume One: The New World (Digital Student Copy + Usage Rights for Digital Classrooms)
About the "Student Copy + Usage Rights for Digital Classrooms" Version: This version of the textbook has certain teacher information blocked, so that teachers may share this textbook with students digitally. While the regular version of the textbook gives teachers permission to photocopy pages for classroom use, this version also comes with the rights for a single teacher to share the document with a classroom of students digitally. For the regular digital version of the textbook, which includes the teacher pages, click here.
Searching for America: Have you ever wanted to teach a thorough survey of American Literature but could not find the time? Searching for America takes some of America's greatest works of fiction and non-fiction and adapts them into Reader's Theater script-stories. Now classic texts such as The Scarlet Letter can be experienced in a whole new way!
Volume One: The New World Volume One of Searching for America contains 11 script-stories which dramatize fiction and non-fiction selections:
- "The Flying Canoe" (Native American myth)
- "Gluscabi" (Native American myth)
- "The Explorers of the New World"
- "Mayflower: The Voyage of the Pilgrims"
- "The Journey of Olaudah Equiano"
- "Captured by Indians: The Narrative of Mary Rowlandson"
- "The Courtship of Miles Standish"
- "The Scarlet Letter: Part I"
- "The Scarlet Letter: Part II"
- "The Scarlet Letter: Part III"
- "The Scarlet Letter: Part IV"
Bonus Activity: New World Colony-building interactive classroom strategy game
Details: 161-page PDF download
Samples: To view free materials that supplement this textbook as a well as a sample script-story "The Scarlet Letter: Part I" click here.
Print Version: For a print version of the same textbook click here to visit Amazon.com