Introduction to Mythology for Kids: Legendary Stories from Around the World
From magic to monsters to amazing heroes―world mythology for kids
Myths are stories that have been told over hundreds of years to help explain why the world works the way it does. They’re filled with powerful magic, mysterious monsters, and fantastical beasts, but also brave heroes on exciting adventures that teach us about right and wrong.
From the Japanese myth of Momotarō The Peach Boy and his loyal animal friends to the Slavic myth of Vasilisa the Wise and her enchanted doll, this beautifully illustrated collection of mythology for kids takes you on a journey through the sands of time. You’ll explore diverse cultures across the globe through the incredible tales of gods and goddesses, earth-shattering giants, mighty dragons, magical lakes, and more.
Introduction to Mythology for Kids includes:
- Once upon a time―This introduction to mythology for kids explores the world of myths through 12 captivating retellings of myths―some starring kids like you!
- Hero’s journey―Follow the heroes through colorful illustrations and an exciting narrative, from their humble beginnings to the lessons they have to share.
- World mythology―This collection of mythology for kids takes you from ancient Mesopotamia to the Abenaki tribes of the Native Northeastern US and Canada, showing you myths from around the world.
Embark on an exciting quest, and discover a world of mythology for kids.
- Anansi Wins the Sky-God's Stories (West African)
- Phaethon and the Chariot of the Sun (Greek)
- Maui Slows the Sun (Maori)
- Momotaro the Peach Boy (Japanese)
- Gilgamesh and Enkidu (Babylonian)
- Vasilia the Wise (Russian)
- Finn MacCool Faces a Giant (Irish)
- Thor and Loki in the Land of the Giants (Norse)
- The Dragon's Pearl (Chinese)
- The Search for the Magic Lake (Incan)
- Isis and Osiris (Egyptian)
- Gluscabi and the Wind Eagle (Abenaki Tribes of the US and Canada)
FREE EXCERPTS: Click the highlighted links above for a free preview of two complete stories!
Recommended grades: 2-3
Number of pages: 98
This book is sold through Amazon.com. CLICK HERE TO VISIT THIS BOOK'S AMAZON.COM PAGE.