Searching for America, Volume One: The New World (Digital Class Set)
About Digital Class Sets: This download is perfect for teachers who use a digital classroom platform such as Google Classroom or Canvas! This download includes all of the following:
- A digital copy of the original textbook
- Individual digital copies of each script-story and activity for posting online
- Digital sharing rights for a single teacher
Note: This download is a ZIP file. Please double-check that your operating system can unzip this type of file before you purchase it. To prevent piracy all documents are protected with the same easy-to-remember password.
For the regular digital version of the textbook, which includes the teacher pages, click here.
Searching for America: Have you ever wanted to teach a thorough survey of American Literature but could not find the time? Searching for America takes some of America's greatest works of fiction and non-fiction and adapts them into Reader's Theater script-stories. Now classic texts such as The Scarlet Letter can be experienced in a whole new way!
Volume One: The New World Volume One of Searching for America contains 11 script-stories which dramatize fiction and non-fiction selections:
- "The Flying Canoe" (Native American myth)
- "Gluscabi" (Native American myth)
- "The Explorers of the New World"
- "Mayflower: The Voyage of the Pilgrims"
- "The Journey of Olaudah Equiano"
- "Captured by Indians: The Narrative of Mary Rowlandson"
- "The Courtship of Miles Standish"
- "The Scarlet Letter: Part I"
- "The Scarlet Letter: Part II"
- "The Scarlet Letter: Part III"
- "The Scarlet Letter: Part IV"
Bonus Activity: New World Colony-building interactive classroom strategy game
Details: 161-page PDF download
Samples: To view free materials that supplement this textbook as a well as a sample script-story "The Scarlet Letter: Part I" click here.
Print Version: For a print version of the same textbook click here to visit Amazon.com